Friday, February 10, 2006

TGIF!

I have been very busy at work today, but I thought I'd share one of those "I should have stayed at home" moments I had this morning....
OK, so, this morning I got to work before 8am, and decided to get a cup of coffee. We have one of those coffee deals where you place a pre-packaged cup of coffee in the machine, place your cup underneath, press a button, and - voilĂ ! - out comes the brown elixir of life. Well, I put the coffee pack in, press the button, and am horrified! Somehow, the machine has dispensed hot milk instead of my coffee. What in the Sam Hill is going on here? I immediately accused one of my co-workers with sabotage. She messes with EVERYTHING, so she was the most obvious culprit. I am grossed out and dumbfounded.

I enlist a couple co-workers (an engineer and a physicist) to help me figure out how milk was emitted from the machine. To prove it was milk, I even smelled the fluid-filled coffee cup, as well as pour it out into a clear, plastic container used for water. Yep! It was milk!

(BUZZ!) Wrong.

After about 10 minutes of calculated thinking and deliberations, I remembered that possibly I might have put some non-dairy creamer in the cup prior to pressing the GO button. I also realized I did not put the coffee pack in the machine.

I should have went home at 8:15am.

On a good note, I am suprising my wife with an overnight trip to Chicago next Saturday. I might have a little trouble getting her up at 5am, but I'll deal with that when it comes. We are staying at The Drake Hotel downtown. Maybe sunset drinks at the top of the John Hancock building are in order? Any other ideas, please, please let me know, because I am in need of some. I have only been there once and Jenny hasn't been ever. Should be fun.



I was watching Entertainment Tonight! last night (please, don't judge me) and Madonna is looking rough! So, just out of curiosity, I did a Google'd "Madonna", and came up with this:



This is the Material Girl with makeup.

Wow, that is grim. But it gets worse...

Next, I Google'd "Madonna"+"without makeup", and came up with this:



Have a great weekend, kids.

5 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
Baahahaha! That's nasty. I think she has been botoxed within an inch of her life! BUT, her body is rockin! i just saw her on the Grammy awards and the woman is looking fine. Shame about the face though.
 
I don;t know how to survive (or act human) without a morning coffee!

As for Madonna, I don't think anyone her age should be without curves. She looked better in the late 80s/early 90s!
 
steph - botox hell! I liked your MAterial Girl remix on your site...classic.

Chickybabe - Clearly I cannot survive too well without java.

janestarr - Thanks for the Chicago ideas! I am getting excited, even though it is only for an overnight stay!
 
totally see the resemblance
 
LOLOL!! Hey now. I loooove me some Christopher Walken!

... and about the other: Maybe you need a post-it note to remind you to PUT IN THE COFFEE BAG. lol
 
Post a Comment