Sunday, January 15, 2006

Weekend Review and a few photographs

Hello young Jedi's! Hope a good weekend was had by all. Mine was good, and whether you like it or not, I am doing a recap.

Friday night: Babysat a 1 month old kid for about 2 hours. She is cute as can be, but she makes weird noises a lot. Her eyes go one way, her mouth another, and fome foreign sound comes out from what I thought was either her ear or the back of her head. If she keeps it up, she could land a gig as a ventriloquist. About 1o minutes in, I thought she was choking - quite scary. All she was doing was making those aforementioned noises and unloading her dinner on my shirt.
Went home after and drank a couple adult beverages to soothe the nerves.

Saturday: Went to my brother's house and watched my University of Kentucky Wildcats lose - AGAIN. Three in a row now. Had a couple malted 12 ouncers, and lunch, and that was that.
In the evening, I went to a co-workers house for a Chinese New Year celebration dinner. Interesting. The food was traditional Chinese, not your run-of-the-mill, everyday Kung Pao. It was deep in the heart of China, what in the hell are you feeding me food. Pretty interesting, smelled a bit, but overall was pretty tasty. Oh, and we had cold, uncooked pizza as well, just to Americanize it up a bit.
After that, I went to watch a friend of mine who plays on a professional indoor soccer team. Pretty fun. Met Jenny close to midnight at home (Whew! Can you believe old farts like us stay out until midnight?)....she was too tired to even smile at me, so we called it a night.

Sunday: My oldest step-daughter, Samantha (I love to call her Sammie Jo, especially in front of her friends) turned 16, so we did it up good. On Saturday, we picked up a Cadillac Escalade for a night and pimped the town. Those vehicles are bad-ass. I felt like a bad-ass in it. I think once I even drove with the windows down and my head cocked like 50-Cent. Jenny found a few little hidden compartments where we assumed people hide their black-tar heroin when the Five-O pull them over. They have heated seats for EVERY leather seat, stereos for the FRONT and BACK, and a bunch of other buttons that would take the manual and a few months to figure out. I suggest all of you get yourselves one. I am already thinking of who I could drug and drop in an ice bath to yank their kidney out...you think this will pay for one?
It's not like I would leave them kidney-less; they would still have one functioning one.
Don't judge me.
Anyway, we went to a restaurant in Cincinnati to eat (I also had a $60 GC to it) and then cruised around for a while with Sammie Jo and her sis Rachael and a bunch of noisy teenagers. I treated them good and even turned on Ashley Simpson for their listening pleasure (my ears will never be the same).
Now, I am back home, about to drop a cold brewskie down the ole gullet and kick back to watch the Eukanuba Dog Show, er, I mean football.

Monday: Day off in remembrance of MLK, so I will do as little as possible. Hope your weekends were fun, too. Word.

4 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
Dude- Baby sitting the alien baby, pimpin with the teenagers AND watching the dog show??? So many things wrong with that!!

But you're a good step-dad!!! I love it!!!

Sounds like you had a great weekend... The thoughts of NOT waking up to the sound of an alarm clock tomorrow morning will bring me sweet dreams!!
 
Fellow Buccaneer fan (even through the yuccaneer and cream-sickle years).. Howdy! I tell you what, Tampa better draft an offesnive lineman in the first, second..and even third rounds in the draft. If we want to contend for the superbowl next year, we've got to have a better, more consistent line. But yes, Chris Simmis looks very promising, although I dunno.. Brian Griese was doing a great job before he got hurt. We'll see.. and of course Cadillac will be the MVP next year. Alright then, have a good one. (oh yeah, man that sucked for UK bball on saturday.. but how bout them GATORS 16-0, yeah!)
 
Ooooooo - a Chinese NY party sounds like FUN! Never been to one of those.

My w/e was busy, busy.
Happy MLK day. No holiday here for the self-employed. ;)
 
Beachgirl – thanks! I try to be a good step-dad.I had a great day off yesterday as well. It was close to 60 degrees here and sunny. Hope your weekend was a fun one!
stonewall - Thanks for stopping by! A fellow Buc fan is welcome anytime….even though you are a Gator fan.
Seriously, they are looking very tough this year; UK better collectively pull their heads out of their asses or it will end up being a long season.

Lilbit – hey there! It was a fun party; very interesting. You are in the ranks of the self-employed, eh? Are you a tough boss? Those eyes say “NO”...lol

Janestarr – I got jiggy with it! Yeah, I’m the shiznet….did I spell that right? I suppose I am not the shiznet if I cannot even spell. :)
 
Post a Comment