Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Let's play tag

Well, well, well, thank you janestarr, for the privilege of this tag.


I feel as giddy as a schoolgirl!


Two Parts of Your Heritage
1. Scottish – this part of me likes to drink whiskey and eat haggis, especially on Burns Night
2. English – this part of me likes to drink anything and call people “tarts” and "bloody wankers”


Two Things That Scare You
1. Living a boring, uneventful life
2. Falling - off cliffs buildings, roofs, mountains, out of bed, etc. A friend of mine has a fear of certain types of cheese, so I don’t feel too bad about admitting this.


Two fears you overcame
1. Germs – not completely, though. Considering I have been in the medical field forever, I’d call where I am a massive breakthrough. I used to be bad, like OCD, hand-washing compulsion bad.
2. Failure (marriage, writing, school, among others).


Two of Your Everyday Essentials
1. Sugar of any variety
2. Listening to news/shortwave radio/old-time radio programs before bed


Two things you are Wearing Right Now
1. A Celtic cross - it was a gift from my brother years ago. Rarely do I take it off, and if I do, it for a very brief time.
2. Irish Setter shoes – the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. They don’t look good with wife beaters, though.


Two things you wore too much this year
1. Mismatched socks – the sock monster is alive and well in our utility room.
2. Underwear – old underwear, that is. You pervs. I need to treat myself better this year and get some good boxers.


This year's Favorite Bands or Musical Artists
1. Sufjan Stevens (indie)
2. Flogging Molly (Celtic punk/rock)


Two Things You Want in a Relationship
1. Fulfullment
2. Excitement


Two of your favorite Movies of the Year
1. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
2. Fun with Dick and Jane

Best movies of all time
1. The Outlaw Josey Wales
2. Life is Beautiful


Two things you hate
1. Failure to use turn signals/weaving/being an asshole in traffic
2. Patty Duke movies


Two of Your Favorite Hobbies
1. Woodworking – my brother and I have been making wood signs/mailboxes for years
2. Golfing with my dad, brother, and other very good friends


Two things you learned this year
1. Don’t waste time thinking about what you should be doing – get the hell out there and do it! Sometimes, with hard work, things work out like you hoped for.

2. Hardships are quite humbling. Mine weren’t very bad at all compared to many, many others out there in the world. It may sound corny, but we all need to be helping each other out a bit more.


Two Accomplishments You are Proud of
1. A publisher accepted my book for publication
2. I am going back to college to get another degree


Two Things You Want Really Badly
1. To keep improving as a husband, stepdad, brother, son, etc. To always strive to be a better man.
2. This book to be a success. I am not as interested in it being a financial success; I want people to enjoy it, to pass it on to friends, to say “Now, that was a good book”. Even if they thought it sucked, I want them to say, “Damn, this book sucked, but at least he tried”.


Two places you went this year.
1. San Diego – one of my favorite places in the world
2. Las Vegas – funny hooker story…I’ll tell you all later


Two Places You Want to go on Vacation
1. Black Forest region of Germany
2. China


Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die
1. Visit every continent
2. Meet the little boy I sponsor in Tanzania; do a mission trip


Two Ways that you are a Stereotypical Example of your Gender
1. I get physically ill when shopping too long
2. I will do just about anything (including shopping) for relations of a prurient nature.


Two things that make you stand out.
1. My height – I am 6’4”
2. My Southern charm


Two Things You Normally Wouldn't Admit
1. I would love to be a travel agent, but I am sure the pay is atrocious
2. I watch Lifetime on occasion (coincides with answer #2 on “Two Ways that you are a Stereotypical Example of your Gender”)


Two Goals for the New Year
1. To play more golf/basketball/take more walks with my wifey and dog
2. Travel, travel, travel! I want to do a book tour and meet several bloggers out there!

Let’s see…who should I tag? I’ll go with:

Lil Bit


______________________________________

Don't have much time to post today due to work and school, but I wanted to pass this public service announcement along. I am sure some of you can relate:



7 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
What is it with men shopping? Must be genetic...

I know I said it before, but congrats again on getting the book published! :)
 
Seriously, when you come through Nashville on your nationwide book tour, I will be the first in line!!!
 
I'm with you on the sugar thing. If i don't get my sugar hit at least once a day, you don't wanna be around me.
 
chickybabe - It has to be genetic.
I break out in hives just driving in mall parking lots. Thanks for the congrats! On my new personal website coming out in a couple weeks, I will have links to places in Australia to purchase. I don't know when the official release date will be as of yet, though.

beachgirl - Thank you!! Perhaps you could get some friends together and have a number of people in attendance. The more the better. Do you have a favorite bookstore?

steph - Welcome back! Hope your trip went well. Did you kick ass on your presentation?
I get a little sluggish and cranky as well if I don't get my sugar fix.
I'm a junkie.

janestarr - I am sure everything on YOU would look good with a wife beater, but for me it isn't possible. I'm sure I would look like that guy on the Citibank identity theft commercials. Your papa must be a cool guy! Or, just as nerdy as me :)

I have friends in St. Louis, so a visit there isn't out of the question. It would be nice!
 
so i have to ask- do you like your job now? what advice would you give? i'm quite nervous of living on loans for two years while i go to school. help!
 
Yes, Robin, I do enjoy my job. Personally, I feel MRI is the best field of radiology to get into now. The technology is unbelievable, and since there is no radiation, as well as it limits the necessity for invasive procedures, it is quickly becoming doctors' exam of choice.

I work at both a hospital as well as a university (at the uni I do research MRI scans, mostly evaluating brain function and brain chemistry).

I am not sure what the job market is like in Arkansas, but in Lexington, KY after I graduated a decade ago, you could pretty much choose where you wanted to work in x-ray. I had a job months before I even graduated!
Call and talk to one of the program directors (I am sure they are mostly RT's - Radiographic Technologists) and see what they have to say; or, if you are a nerd like me, call some MRI departments/x-ray departments and talk to some technologists.

Hope this long-winded post helps!
 
thank you so much for the info- i'm still waiting to see if i get in. even though i know i have a good shot, it's still nerve racking that someone gets to look at my application and go YAY/NAY.
 
Post a Comment