Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Thank you

Upon reading steph’s blog a few days ago, I figured it was high time to discuss something more personal. Of course, I try and do just that on here a lot, but for the most part, I tend to shy away from the serious banter and focus more and light-hearted, funny posts, because I am a funny guy. When I say funny, I do not mean funny-looking, either, although some of you might disagree. I have read on some of your posts that it is hard to be “on” all the time; I try not to worry about that too much, simply because I am flattered that even one of you will read my posts. I am even more flattered to see your response in the publication of my book. I am very grateful, and I hope you enjoy it. Even if you don’t, I will freely accept all reviews from you. There are quite a few excellent writers out there in the blog world, and I am lucky to have found such a good group of people to associate myself and my own blog with. Do I have a favorite? Not really. I like tons of them, though. Loads.


I get busy at work sometimes and while it is good for my career and all, I would like to have a few minutes a day to read all of your posts. It is a little community where there seems to have a core around each blogger, then another ring of friends around the periphery of the inner circle. I am pretty happy with the people I have met on here. It was completely unexpected! I thought I would get on here and post about my book or random things associated with it, or, at the very least, post a few pictures of my ex-girlfriends with funny-looking mustaches drawn on them, but in reality I have posted on so much more! Aside from posting on vomiting and urine, I have completed almost all blogging goals!

I even gain inspiration from reading others’ posts. Who’d have thunk it? Me learning from others.

In a way, it would be nice to meet a lot of you in person, but on the other hand, what if we met and didn’t like each other? Call me crazy, I would hate to be thought of as a douchebag from all you kind folk. At the risk of tooting my own horn, I doubt you would think THAT, but you never know. It would hurt, you know, in the chest area, if you gave me the finger every time you saw me. :(

So, with all that said, I want to thank you all – to those who are reading this, and to those who have read any of my posts. I want to especially thank those who have left a comment of any sort on my blog. You are good people, no matter what everyone else says (sorry, I had to throw a bad joke in here somewhere …).

7 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
Aw, I'm blushing! Thanks! I think you're pretty groovy too!
 
I have been wondering where you were hiding. My book hasn't made it yet. I can't wait to give you my review or I'll prolly post a review to give you some new readers. LOL! Anyway, we love ya, man!
 
I hope this is not goodbye!

Like you I am awed by the friendships we make through this medium, and it's nice to give thanks to people who become part of our lives.
 
You all are great, too! And chickybabe, this isn't goodbye...simply a "Thank You"!
 
There's good and bad parts about the blogging "community". The good outweighs the bad for sure, but the bad parts are enough to make me want to chuck it all in sometimes.

I'm glad you haven't seen that side of it :)
 
friend of mine i met through blogging clicks with me. then he met someone else who is a regular commentator on his blog, and they did nothing.. awkward lunch, being shown around..

sometimes you strike it lucky.. other times.. it's a bad date gone wrong in the worst possible way.
 
well hopefully you know how much we (and me!) enjoy reading you :)
 
Post a Comment