Friday, February 24, 2006

8 Things I Wished I Had Yesterday….

1) A Secret Service Job – Because those guys were the only ones allowed on the interstate yesterday afternoon! I swear, George W comes to town for a dumbass fundraiser, and they shut a section of the interstate down!

I thought I was slick by taking another way to avoid traffic problems, only to get to the exit and all I see is a police car and flares on the side of the road. His cruiser was parked diagonally to block traffic, and block it he did. There were NO cars on the section of interstate I was next to, and believe me when I say I was there for a while…you would have thought it was a catastrophe or something. People were screaming, cutting others off (i.e. me), honking, doing U-turns, you name it.

2) Valium – To calm me down as I drove, er, sat, in traffic. I was absolutely FURIOUS, since I snuck out of work a little early to go look at car stereos. It was great weather outside. If Gandhi or the Dalai Lama were in town blocking traffic I couldn’t have been less been furious. I would have been mad at anything, perhaps except winning the Powerball, or Rapture.

3) My Digital Camera – As I was detoured off the interstate due to our prez visiting the area, I was forced to drive through a rather seedy part of town, and as I was stopped in gridlock traffic, I looked up and saw a sign, a sign that I wished to God I could have taken a picture of:

Hoopty Heaven Auto Sales

Big and bright, it was spray painted on a large piece of particle board. It was classic. Here is my rendition of the sign for your viewing pleasure:

4) Chinese throwing stars – About nine-hundred thousand of them, one for every tool on the road yesterday (myself not included). It would be a beautiful sight to see nine-hundred thousand people walking around with those things jutting out of their bloody necks. That’ll teach ‘em.

5) A tape recorder – To catch the truly ghetto argument I overheard as I was stuck in traffic. In front of Hoopty’s no doubt:

Girl1: “You better be lettin' me ova, biatch!”

Girl2: “Naow, aw Hail Naow! You did not just call me a bitch, bitch! Did you? Did you?”

That was about all I heard, because of all times, traffic decides to start moving.

6) A pen – Preferably one that worked. After my raging was over, I fumbled through the console of my wife’s car (I drove hers yesterday) in search of a writing instrument to create a sign that read, “YOU ARE A TOOL”. I would then be ready for the next person who cut me off or drove like an idiot. I found a pen, but it didn’t have any ink. Damnit. So, I used the next best thing I could find – a tube of lipstick.

7) A Camcorder – To videotape the faces of those people who saw this sign as they drove by me yesterday:

Please excuse the shoddy work, but what the hell? From now on I will keep Sharpies with me at all times.

8) A disguise – For me to wear next time I decide to create a lipstick sign in broad daylight. I got busted writing a note on a piece of paper with lipstick by some pretty good-looking girl. In the parking lot of Circuit City, no doubt. At that point, even I thought there has to be something wrong with me.

Needless to say, it was an interesting drive home yesterday, and it only took me two hours!

Later gators.

11 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
OM! How long does it normally take? That sucks. I love your list. It is great. If men carried purses like women they would have it all with them. LOL!
 
The pres came to visit the high school I live across from sometime last year. The Secret Service swarmed on my otherwise quiet neighborhood for days prior. News vans were everywhere. I couldn't even get out of my street to go to work, mainly because throngs of protestors were clogging the end of my street. By the time his arrival was scheduled, people weren't even allowed to come out of their houses. Now, that's what I call freedom!

See, you only have 5 more to go to get your full thirteen things for Thursdays!!

Keep up the good work!
 
You need to go back through the neighborhood and take a pic of that sign.
 
sonya - we could wear man purses!

carnealian - You are right! I am on the way to 13!

mack-n-z - Glad you liked it! I did it all from memory, too...impressive, eh?

sonya - I sure will! I might need a gat next time, though.
 
This is one of the reasons I want a Hummer(Not A H2 but the real deal.)
1- You can make a speedbump out of anyone that cuts you off or irritates you.

2- If you don't want to make a speedbump out of them you can simply push their ass out of the way and not worry about trashing your car.

I should note that plates are not an option. I wouldn't want to be tracked down and arrested.
 
Baahahahaha! I'm soo dying to see two "sista's" doin the "Noyoudidn't" thing! Springer is as close as i get to seeing that shit.
 
drunkbh - right you are! I always get out of the way of Hummers, whether I am in the wrong or not.
Ever been in one? They are cool.

steph - yes, it was definately a Springer moment! Or Maury Povich. Either way, it was pure ghetto.

janestarr - Glad to see you over here! I am very glad I was able to make you laugh...sounds like you needed it.
 
no 8 - do you always carry lipstick with you? ;)

Must have camera at all times! Today I drove past a car with number plate SEX.24H - did I have my camera? Oh nooo...
 
chickybabe - i should carry lipstick with me at all times in case I am in dire need of a writing utensil!
 
We rent office space and part of our warehouse to another company. They sell computer parts. I walked into the warehouse and there is a box that is written on it - Vibrator Cushion Pad.

I'm sure this is some part they use or sell, but I could only think of one thing. I so cracked up. No one knew what I was laughing at.

After I said I always have my camera on me, I didn't for once. I took it out last night.

Just thought you would appreciate this.
 
sonya - You are so right! I am packing my camera tomorrow in my car...

I cannot wait to go see Hoopty Heaven.

I was slammed at work today, but I am posting my 80's pics and 80's story!!
 
Post a Comment