Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Blog tagged

First blog you ever read?

The very first blog I read was Rubber Slippers in Italy. After I made my own, I started clicking on the Next Blog button, and up popped hers. Although temporarily on hiatus, it is a good site, full of awesome photos and even better recipes. She is Hawaiian and lives in, well, Italy. Duh.

What inspired you to start your own?

As most of you know, I am a soon-to-be-published-for-the-first-time author, so I wanted to get my book some exposure, as well as have a medium to keep both my readers/fans up to date on book signings and interviews. I also love photography, travel, and lots of other crap so I thought it would be a good way to expose some of my photos. I also have assloads of goofy stories and a blog is the best way to tell them, because all my friends and family have heard me tell them ad nauseum.

The best and worst about blogging?

Best - The people I have met, and the ability to converse with them...I was utterly surprised how interactive it was. I know that might sound stupid, but literally I had no clue. I thought people had news blogs, or blogs to tell wild sexual stories about their secret trysts and fellating senators.

Worst – I don’t like some of the crazy blogs I have run across. Scary. Creepy. Weird. I’ll never forget once when I was at work and I was pushing the Next Blog button and up pops (sorry, Freudian slip) a couple doing it, exposing all their goods for the world to see. I’m all for the doing it part, but it is a little disconcerting to see a strangers asshole staring at you via a computer screen – especially while you’re at work.

I swear I haven’t been back to that site, I swear.


Who was the first person to comment on your blog?

Well, I had to look back since it was a close race, but the always lovely Janestarr was the first to post, and believe it or not, she has continued to post regularly. She provides the world with great posts herself, as well as wonderful, eloquent comments on numerous other blogs.

What has been your most popular blog entry?

My mullet post was a good one, so I’ll go with that. Man, I miss my wicked cool hair. Say what you want, but back in the day, I pulled the wool with that hair.

If I re-named my blog I would call it ...

I’m Good Enough, I’m Smart Enough, and Doggonnit, People Like Me

If my blog had a theme song it would be ...


The theme from Welcome Back Kotter.

If my blog was a room it would look like ...

My blog is like a cozy den, complete with a built-in wall to wall bookshelf, full of old, musty books; a few old leather lounge chairs worn down just enough; dark, rich hardwood flooring, and the most amazing African rug to cover parts of the flooring, so the girls don't have to walk barefoot on the cold floor. Oh, and a fireplace, crackling and hissing you to sleep, right after your brandy. If you need me, I'll be busy writing at my massive cherry desk, but never too busy for you.
It is the most comfortable place you have ever seen.


Five bloggers I would like to have over for dinner.

Steph and Chickybabe- as long as Steph agrees to make chocolate cake that won’t give us the screaming shits. I could listen to them and their cute Aussie accents all day long. They could insult me and it would sound cool. Go ahead, girls, call me a wanker!

Janestarr – She is just cool. Plus, she’s tall and blonde. :)

Birdie – I love her stories, and I bet with a few drinks on hand she would have us all in stitches.

Coyote Mike – I like his sense of humor. It is wacky and warped and that is why it’s so good.

Two bloggers you would like to set up on a blind date.

Hell, I don’t know! How about Trueborn and Meghan?


Somebody I wish had a blog?

I wish my buddy Brian had one. We have identical senses of humor. He never shaves, and always looks like he just woke up. He has the perpetual five o’clock shadow.

When the rest of the world (and especially our wives) think we are idiots – that is when it is the funniest. That kid is a mess but funny as shit.

If you were only allowed to read one blog ever again, which blog would it be?

wow, that is tough, so I better think on it and get back to it later….

Is there a fellow blogger you would like to snog / shag / do rude things to? Feel free to name names if you're game.

Since I am happily married, hrmm, how about myself? Does that count?

Tag five bloggers to complete this meme.


Steph, Birdie, lil bit, and whoever else I forgot. I think everyone I talk to regularly has already been tagged!

8 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
Thank you for the dinner invite, I gladly accept. But are you sure you can handle Steph and I together over dinner? Shoes and Perve... ;)
 
This is a great meme
 
Thanks janestarr! What a wonderful compliment, and coming from you, it means a lot. Your writing is wonderful.

chickybabe - You are most welcome!
I might have to lie down in between dinner and dessert, but imagine the fun we all would have at that dinner party!

sonya - you are tagged then! heh heh heh
 
Barry! You can't tag me. I created this meme ya silly thing! Bless your heart for thinking of me though ;)
 
mack - there are some nutters out there floating around cyberspace for sure!

steph - Sorry about that! I should have known that you would come up with a meme so creative and interesting!
 
Barry - Sonya said you might joing in the fun of Freaky Friday!

come one, come all!
 
OMG! Eeeeks... you tagged ME?! O.O
LOL!
Sorry I'm just getting over here to see this. It'll get put in draft & I'll get around to it. (I already have a couple of tags that have been sitting there for a couple of weeks now)

Oh, and btw... I lurve cozy dens. ;)
 
You bet lil bit! I tagged you, babes!
 
Post a Comment