Thursday, April 20, 2006

Be careful, my pretties!



How well do we know our blogger friends? How well do we really trust those whom we converse with on our blogs on a regular basis, and, sometimes on a daily basis. How many times have we stumbled upon some rambling, weird, crazy-as-a-shithouse-rat blogger freak? Well, I have stumbled upon a few. I have found more than my share of freaks, simply by pressing the “Next Blog” button on the top right-hand of the screen. Once, I got onto a blog site and as I scrolled down I saw naked woman on all fours exposing her brown eye for all willing and wanting to see. I am no prude, but c’mon! I was at work on top of that. Hey, to each their own, I guess.

Since I have a lot of female blog bunnies (thanks BV), I figured I should keep you all up to date on all the creeps and sickos out there. If you are a male reading this, I am posting this to help avoid becoming a creep!

I am a talker. I love talking to people in person, on the Internet, via e-mail. Not much of a phone guy, because my ear gets hot when holding the receiver to it for a long duration, and, I am a little antiquated when it comes to cell phones. For the life of me, I cannot seem to welcome the ear-bud-while-talking thing. Maybe it's because I have made fun of countless people who look like lunatics talking to air people while wearing them, and I don't want to be hippocritical. Nah, what do I care! I'll be making fun of people until the end. I'll be making fun of the abusive, overweight, orderlies at the old folks' home. Who'll in turn probably urinate in my oatmeal every morning.

I am also an Internet guy. I love it. I love most things about it. Sadly, the conundrum lies between both of what I love and hate about it: anonymity. I really enjoy talking to you, and while I realize I am one of a few who posts my full name, I do so for a reason, and that is to help promote my book. Hell, that is why I started the blog in the first place, so it might seem a poor business choice to ask people to buy a book from a person who goes by Hoss or Aliecat or something along those lines. There are hundreds of thousands of bloggers who wish to remain anonymous, and that is totally cool, because for whatever their reasons are I am sure most are valid. For females, it makes a lot more sense, since as I will discuss in a few, there are a truckload of weirdos out there, Blogland being no exception.

Here is a link to a story about a person charged with murder and actually planned to eat his 10 year-old victim. What? I couldn't believe it when I saw it, either. Here is a link to his blog, right here on Blogger. Now, I know it is an extreme case, but the truth is that there are some sick bastards out there. His profile reads, "Single, bored, and lonely, but other than that, pretty happy." How can you go from single, bored, and pretty happy to a murdering cannibal?
Sorry to have such a crazed story on here, but, consider it a PSA for all of you to be careful on here - especially all my adoring, lovely, female groupies, er, I mean, friends.

For another PSA on creepy males to avoid (this is funny), check out these guidos:



NOTE: There is one use of the "F" word in here.
To see if you are guido material, take this New Jersey Guido IQ test.

Later kids!

8 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
It's really hard to know who to trust on the internet. We really put ourselves out there. I used to not be anonymous, but you never know who is just lurking. I get way more hits than I do comments and many of them are from the same IP's everyday. While I may not ever talk to them or know who the fuck they are, they could see everything about me. That scares me more than the anonymous bloggers. But, at the same time my blogger account does not say who I am or list my first or last name even within blogger. There must be thousands of people out there with blogs like that. So, if one of them were to stalk and kill me, how would blogger even know who they were?

But, I'm not skeered. I will not stop blogging b/c there are creeps in this world.
 
grrrrrrrr! blogger is being a BITCH today.
Hopefully it'll *take* THIS time. Hmphf!

'tis true... who to trust & who not to trust?
I did a somewhat similar post a lil while back about being "real"... I'm bloganoidish (& somewhat anonymous), but I'm always "real" & true to myself.

btw - your guido pix didn't show up for me.... ?
 
Yeah. I've wondered about freak-0s. But I believe if you take bloggers as a demographic, you find some of the best, brightest and interesting people around.
 
BV - Blog trolls are creepy, indeed. I have a site tracker and I get people from all over the world checking randomly. Guys tend to stalk and harass more then women, so I felt it necessary to post. I am vigilant, too!

lil bit - hey there! I remember you had some nut posting anonymously, saying nasty things about you. Go to youtube.com and type in "lee hotti". His is the one that is called PSA - don't sleep with these guys". There is some funny stuff on that site. They are nuts!
 
I did a post once similar to this one. It was how "blog" was becoming a bad word.

People are losing their jobs because of what they write about the company or people the work with or for.

In my area, there was a teenager that killed the parents of his girlfriend. And yes, they had blogs.

Yep, there are weirdos out there. We come across them every day at the gas station, mall and convenience stores and of course blogland!
 
As an anon blogger, I still suffer from bloganoia. I get many who go through my archives without leaving a comment, and I don't mean 10, 20 but much more including a recent one who clicked on every single post. A fan or a stalker - who knows?
 
You didn't have to tell anyone about my picture I posted of me on all 4. LOL! Just kidding. I know I'm to trusting.
 
Heck I've been attracting weirdos all my life... must be the cheap perfume. {smirk}

I agree with the love/hate relationship about internet relations. Would much prefer to socialize with a real person in real time in real life. I still find the whole blog thing hella amusing, and am actually getting my giggles going to work 4 times out of the week.

Thanks for the info on your book... I searched for it several weeks ago on Amazon but came up with zip. Hope all is going good for you.
 
Post a Comment