Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Timeless Art of Seduction


And you want to be my latex salesman? I tell you what, I cannot remember a day when I didn’t experience a Seinfeld-esque moment. I mean, seriously, every day I hear something that reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. For those of you who love the quirky, goofy, extremely funny show, you can relate. I am not a TV junkie, but I do love my Seinfeld. Why, just the other day at work, me and a group of co-workers – mostly female - were sitting around eating lunch, when someone mentioned pastrami, and I casually replied, “Oh, yeah, you talking about pastrami reminds me of something I've been thinking about. I have been trying to incorporate salted, cured meats into my lovemaking sessions at home, but to no avail. Any suggestions?”

I thought a few non-Seinfeld watchers were going to report me to HR.

I honestly can say I think Seinfeld has made me a funnier person, especially to those who have no idea what the hell I am talking about. How could you not be thought of as funny when you scream “Bad chicken! Mess you up!” every time I see someone eating fried chicken? Even if it is in my own mind, I think I am funnier now than I was pre-Kramer.

In the history of TV, there have been very few shows that one can integrate one-liners into the daily conversation. Master of your domain? I like to shop at the duty-free shop? Hoochie mama? I get excited when I actually see an episode that I haven’t seen before, that, or my long-term memory is failing me and I just cannot remember. Regardless, it is pretty cool. For those who share the Seinfeld love, here is a good site.

_____________________________________________


I have a book signing scheduled! I will be in Huntington, WV on Saturday, April 29th at the Ohio River Festival of Books. It is held at the Big Sandy Convention Center, and I will be signing from 3pm-5pm at the Borders booth. For anyone who might be close to there or have friends/family close, I encourage you to come out and attend. For more information, click here.

I will be posting this information again once it gets closer to the end of the month.

______________________________________________


I am planning a Chicago trip in May for my wife’s birthday – any suggestions as to where we can go or do? We do have Cubs tickets already, but I am open to any and all suggestions.

______________________________________________


I finished teaching my physics lectures last night, so now I am very relieved. I have been working on them for two weeks and now they are over. Whew! The good news is that it will free up lots of task-avoidance time at work, and that equates to increased blog-stalking.

That’s all I gots for today, kiddies. Later!

6 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
Congrats on the book signing!!!

Yep, there's not many tv shows anymore that produce good one liners. Shame!
 
I haven't started the book yet, but it is in the works. It's too bad you are not closer to VA, or I'd come to the signing.

I love Seinfeld. LOVE! I would have fallen out of my chair if you had said that at work. Some people just don't have a sense of humor. I love the part when George is trying to eat the sandwich in bed with Susan and have sex at the same time. That's good shit.
 
Congrats on the book signing, that's great news! I'm very pleased for you :).
 
A book signing? How cool! You be famous for a day. weeeeeeeee!!!
 
Sex pic! LOL! I still need to get you to sign my book.
 
janestarr - Thanks for the tips! I'll keep you posted on what we end up doing. I live the Navy Pier idea.

carnealian - Thanks!

blonde - You are going to writew a book? That is fantastic. Please keep me posted. I am also glad to meet yet another Seinfeld fan!

chickybabe & steph- Thanks! Hopefully I'll end up Down Under to sign a few... :)

sonya - he's a hottie, eh? Gotta love George Castanza...

shannon - thanks for the kind words..I will be content to sell and fwe and have people tell me it doesn't stink. Feel free to get a copy and review it!

Roxy - I want to party with you, cowgirl! Actually, you would probably kill me in a half an hour.
 
Post a Comment