Saturday, April 22, 2006

Miss USA...Kentucky style


I know I shouldn't give a crap about who won the Miss USA pageant, and normally I don't..until last night. Of all the girls up there, my fellow Kentuckian, Tara Conner, pulled down the top honor of Miss USA! Normally, I watch about 5 minutes of beauty pageants (usually the 5-minute swimsuit section), so last night I must have been accidentally drugged or monumentally bored, for I watched damn near the entire thing. It was good comedic fodder, though. I laughed out loud several times - mainly at the cheesy house band singing unintelligible songs in what I thought was Spanglish. Last time I checked, it was the Miss USA pageant, right?
Anyway, it was lame as hell, from the Mutt and Jeff hosts (Nancy O'Dell of Access Hollywood and little Drew Lachey, from Dancing with the Stars and very short brother to Nick Lachey) to the uber-gay commentary by some Queer Eye guy, to Donald Trump Jr. as a judge. I am not lying when I say that the Access Hollywood was almost a head taller than that guy. I was embarrassed for the little squirt. And, after looking at Donald Trump Jr., I can honestly say there is one person in the world with a worse hairdo than his old man's. I laughed out loud when I saw him; I could have given myself a better haircut when I was 6.
And back to the Queer Eye fella. I am not a homophobic (or at least I don't think so), but he just gave me the creeps. He is too flamboyant. Gay people probably think he is too flamboyant. He makes that really gay guy on Will and Grace look straight. He told dumb jokes and literally cried after the evening gown session. Cried, I shit you not. The worst part was when he longingly stared into the camera for what seemed like a minute. I felt violated. I felt like a piece of meat. It was a Top 5 creepiest TV moment.
But, in the end, it turned out OK. A ditzy, good-looking, country girl with suspect grammar from
Russell Springs, Kentucky, was crowned Miss USA, and Donald Trump Jr. is still really, really ugly.

9 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
You said "tops down" or "top down" or something. I don't know, but something you said made me think that you were watching girls take their tops off. Maybe it's just me and my dirty mind again. God, you make me laugh.
 
Glad you posted this, becauase I didn't watch it. I had no clue who won.
 
The pageant just ain't what it used to be. The women are certainly much more voluptuous than in the past.

Carson Cressley, he's hilarious. At least he used to be on Queer Eye, but I'm a chick and don't feel violated by gay men.

However, if that was Rosie O'Donnell, I would have felt the same as you. And I don't think she would have had quite the impact he did.
 
Did you seen Donald JR on Apprentice last night?
 
anita - a Guyanan beauty pageant sounds mighty interesting, doesn't it? Tell me more!

BV - It's your dirty mind, again...or are you smarter than the rest and you got my subtle hint?

sonya - Happy to have been of service!

janestarr - Thanks! If you had seen Donald Jr. you would have laughed your butt off. He is a Mess.

carnealian - I would love to listen and see Rosie doing commentary on the Miss USA pageant. She would be in 7th heaven!

Sonya - I didn't. What do you think? Am I spot on about his weird looking hairdo?

shannon - There should be a Mr USA just for the gals...and that gay Carson guy. I believe that would have been more his speed. It would be weird to see a bunch of guys in evening gowns, though.
 
Oh wait you said "pulled down the top on her." That's even hotter.
 
I love me a good beauty pageant, they are soooo lame, it's compulsive viewing.
 
They are very lame steph - and this one was the worst. I should sue the tv station for my 2 hours back.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment