Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Is that the lead singer from Survivor?



Real Men of Genius, indeed. I swear if there are better, more hilarious commercials on TV and radio, I have yet to see/hear them. Over the weekend, I was listening to football on Sirius radio (perfect marketing, since males would thing these goofy, ridiculous commecials were funny) and a classic came on:

http://thefuntimesguide.com/audio/Bud_Light_Real_Men_of_Genius_Mr_Hair_Gel_Overgeller.mp3

Streams of Barq's Red Cream soda shot out of my nostrils as I listened to it, carefully trying to remember the bit in order to recite it verbatim to people. Of course, I didn't do it any sort of justice. Then, today, as I sat in the orthopaedic dorcor's office, I came up with a good one. Since Beth The Westie is a radio gal, maybe I could collaborate with her to create our own version. I'm sure she sings well.

I'll keep you posted, but in th emeantime, here's a link to more of the commericals!! Just don't drink any liquids while listening to them…..

http://thefuntimesguide.com/movabletype/archives/2004/10/bud_light_real.html

14 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
Damn! You link worse than Me!
 
Hmm not able to open the link.. slow connection - bugger!

Oey btw, howz your football practis coming along anyway?
 
And how's everything else with you?

missy xx
 
Did it sting when the Barqs went out of your nose?
 
Cute commercial...

Got the BowFlex one, too, someplace? :)
 
These are HILARIOUS! I have returned to your blog, after a very long absence! Yay! So sorry I dissappeared, I was having trouble keeping up with my own blogging, and have definitely stopped reading almost all of my favorite blogs. :( I'm a horrible singer btw...but it would be fun to produce something w/ you! Sorry I didn't make it to Dayton this past weekend...read my blog and you'll know why.
 
Where art thou Barry?

LOL...hope you're still alive!
 
LMAO! - I *heart* this marketing campaign, too... funny as HELL!

And yep, that is indeed David Bickler from Survivor. LOL
 
um, happy belated thanksgiving! obviously i'm super on top of things.
 
Back to blogging for a bit just to say, "Happy Holidays!!" to you my dear friend :-)

love,
missy xx

PS. Any cool pressies? ;-)

PPS. You alright?
 
Barq's Red Cream? Ah, refreshing stuff if you can get it!
 
i take it you're never coming back? :(
 
Are you not blogging again? :-(
 
Hi all, I have been on a LONG hiatus and I am terribly sorry. I will be almost finished with school in a month or so and then I will try to get back into the swing of things! Trust me, I have lots of useless crap to discuss!
 
Post a Comment