Thursday, April 27, 2006

Weekend shenanigans


What’s up, everybody? I will be going out of town for my first book signing and appearance this weekend. I will be traveling to Huntington, WV, where I will be signing copies of my book this Saturday, April 29, from 3pm-5pm. Friday evening is a reception for authors and such; a little gathering to rub elbows and chew the fat and the like.

The location for Friday and Saturday’s signing is at the Borders Books booth at the Big Sandy Convention Center, located in downtown Huntington. It is all a part of the Ohio River Festival of Books. I hope some of you can attend! Also, if you have any friends, family, or even eavesdrop on a conversation about someone going to Huntington, please inform them to stop by and say hello. I might even have candy for you. If you show up and don’t purchase a copy, I’ll bust out the Sharpie to sign body parts for all you cheapskates!

I will be sure to take a few photos over the weekend, so none of you will feel completely left out. That way, you can almost feel the experience with me. I will be sure to keep my camera on me at all times, in case someone gets arrested or a nipple pops out or something interesting like that. Otherwise, it might be just be photos of me, sitting at a table looking all classy in my sports coat and white tube socks.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will be sure to check back in on Sunday.

11 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
I met Sweetpea Whitaker one night in a bar and he had on this sweet ass suit with a wifebeater under it. I think you should go for that kind of look. It would be hot!!!!!
 
I really should, you know. Regardless of what people think, if you can walk around town with either a mullet or a wifebeater, you have cojones.
 
great sign - I got here from Sonya ....ahahahaha
 
I wear wifebeaters...but they are colorful and have sequins on them or something. So, yeah, I have big cojones.
 
BV - wifebeaters with sequins? That sounds totally cool! I doubt I could pull it off, though.
 
Good luck with your book signing! So exciting--the worldly author on his whirlwind book tour. What a life. :)

BTW, you were right about my city locale in your comment on my blog, but I went ahead and removed it. Just want to try to remain somewhat anon. Hope you understand.
 
I'd go if i could ;) Hope it goes well for you.xx
 
Have fun!!!
 
Is Texas on the list yet?
 
ames - Thanks! I swear I didn't make it myself.

BV - You have big cojones, too? I tried to get a nice one with sequins but they don't carry my size!

janestarr - Thanks! I took your advice and went with a shirt that has sleeves.

pollyanna - Thanks! It was fun. I am sorry about the Ville thing on your site - I should have known better. I will be having a signing there this summer...hope you can make it.

Don't worry, I won't let any success get to me. I am an ordinary guy - for now.

Steph - That is so nice of you! I will remember that if I ever get to Oz... :)

Rowena - I did! It was a good experience.

Sonya - Texas might be! I would like to go to the Texas Book Festival in Austin.

Anita - Don't worry - There will be no awkward, fumbling exchanges with me...I am a master with the Sharpie!
 
Ok, I'm reeeeeeeally late for this post, but lovin' that pic! LOL
 
Post a Comment