Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Summer of Barry



I hope it will be that, indeed. I need to have a summer of pure, unadulterated, joyous, shameless fun. I am a simple guy, a cock-eyed optimist, and so, when things go sour or wrong, I am always in disbelief. Some people may call me a dreamer or that I live in a fantasy world, for this is not how the world works. I agree with this - to a point. I realize things can and will not go my way all the time - not only would this be unfair to others, but it simply cannot happen. BUT, it doesn't mean I shouldn't expect them to happen. I haven't always thought this way. There were times in my life where I expected things to so wrong and more times that not they did. Now, that doesn't mean squat, though, since it was probably just a coinkidink that they did. So, before you all start jabbing pencils in you eyes to alleviate the boredom this post is inducing, I will let you all be the first to know that this summer, aside from going on vacations with my beautiful wife and wonderful family, I am starting on another novel. I have the idea in my head, and am currently writing it down in outline form. It has been 7 or 8 years since I have had such an exciting idea for a story, and I don't want to disclose it right away - but I might give you all clues as I go along. Sort of an interactive blog experience? I won't have any classes to attend this summer, so I am hoping I can do a lot of writing. I may get stuck right away, but here's I won't, right? Are you with me? I might need a little encouragement on occasion.

Also, I have three book signings scheduled this summer:

Saturday, July 8th at 2pm - Barnes and Noble, Louisville, Kentucky

Saturday, July 22th at 2pm - Borders Books and Music, Crestview Hills, Kentucky (in the Cincinnati, OH metro area)

Friday, August 4th at 7pm - Barnes and Noble, Lexington, Kentucky

I will have a couple radio interviews scheduled around these dates, as well. I will give you all the specifics, as well as links to be able to listen to them as things get closer.

I realize a lot of you live far away, but if you have friends around here, or you want to make a road trip to attend, I would be forever in your debt. Well, not FOREVER forever, but I will let you take a photo of me and promise not to smell funny.

Here's hoping this summer will indeed be The Summer of Barry, and, of course, the Summers of All Of You as well!

10 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
stopped in to see about this kentucky inbreed ass kickin thing i am going to receive! hey, man i really have no problem with getting married to my sister (if she is bv) hell, i see sicker shit than that in this crazy ass state i live in(CA)
 
anita - will you at least try to make it the summer of Nietzche, though? His molestache deserves at least ONE season.

mgc - Hey! California is a bunch of sickos, but you have good-looking girls, beaches, and nice weather, so it kind of evens out. We have good looking girls, but that's it.

EDGE: CALIFORNIA
 
I haven't got to start your first book yet. Can't wait for the next though. Hope you have a great summer. Nothing big here.
 
Oh, isn't that sweet, my brother wants to marry me.
 
sonya - I hope you summer is great, too! You will have to start reading soon, won't you?

BV - If we were Mormons, we could ALL marry you. And have a mess o'kids, too.
 
Fun pic! lol
Have a grand time on all of your signings.
*intrigued by this novel idea* Hmmm.
Shit. That reminds me.
*rifles thru emails for the 1 from you about your other novel*
Need to go order that bad boy.

Here's to the Summer of Barry!
*ting*
 
Wow, a real writer around! Thanks for coming to my universe... Will be back here after my long weekend x
 
You know i would so be there if i could. I'll be the one with lettuce stuck to my teeth. :)
 
Great news on the new novel and the book signing! I'm so pleased all is going well for you :).
 
lil bit - Thanks! Here's top the Summer of Lil Bit, too!

missy - Thanks for visiting. I hope you had a great time on Edinburgh!

steph - I know you would be here, and I know I'd recognize you in a second...what with that salad stuck to your hard palate and all. :)

chickybabe - hey! Thanks! I suppose it is closing in on wintertime in Oz, right?

janestarr - I am feeling a bit motivated, indeed. I just need to buckle down and get going.
 
Post a Comment