Tuesday, May 30, 2006

This is my 67th post at The Fiction Scribe - Whoo hoo!


I know that doesn't mean squat to some people, and to them I say, "You make an excellent point." But, everyone else celebrates milestones on Blogger, as well as everywhere else in the world, so I feel I should, too! Take for instance, Barry Bonds hitting his 715th home run over the weekend - tying Babe Ruth's historic mark. Forget the fact that he has shot up more human growth hormone than most dairy cattle receive nowadays, or that he is literally twice the size (head size included) he was from when he started playing baseball. He is a hero!

Aside from the impressive, awesome things people have done, we should celebrate and embrace ANY form of accomplishment someone have achieved, even the things society places a negative connotation on. The way I see it, if you did it, be proud of it! Why don't we celebrate Skeeter Shelton, an outfielder for the New York Yankees in 1915? He had only one hit in 40 at bats in his only major league season - which comes out to a .025 lifetime batting average! He deserves the Shittiest Baseball Player of All Time Award. Did he get anything, though? Hell no.

Take a look at some of myaccomplishments over the years:
I got four speeding tickets in one year = throw me a cocktail party. I failed out of college my freshman year = that should at least be worth a keg of Beast Light and some pizza.

Also, I once worked with a guy who somehow managed to get four DUI's in a year - FOUR! He earned some prison time for that, and, while I absolutely do not condone drinking and driving, it is one impressive stat. If he were Hollywood material, he and Robert Downey Jr. would be fighting tooth and nail for the "Biggest Loser in Hollywood" spot. Last time I checked, Downey has done pretty well for himself, especially after prison and rehab. I realize that writing 66 idiotic yet comedic posts doesn't actually compare with going to prison, but it still an accomplishment, right?

So, it is settled. Starting today, I am officially celebrating my 67th post, and I invite anyone to join in on the fun. Tell me, kids, what mediocre accomplishments do you have to celebrate?

I'm listening.

______________________________________________

On a side note, I am considering a background color change at The Fiction Scribe....any suggestions?

12 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
I'm all for celebrating mediocrity!!
 
I'm proud of the giant shit I took this weekend. It was like giving birth to a 3 year old. I could use some more napkins too!
 
I love the pic. That is priceless.
 
missy - I am too! I am happy to see that you have made it to 100 posts, though. I hope my 67th doesn't overshadow yours though. :)

BV - After your weekend activities, I'd say napkins are in order, indeed! Funny, I didn't even know you were pregnant with a 3-year old turd - why are you holding out on me? I thought we were friends.

sonya - Please don't judge me on this picture alone - I was having a bad hair day when it was taken...
 
Congrats! I'm celebrating getting out of bed today, without sneezing.

Colour scheme suggestion: blue
 
Well done on your 67th. We gonna party for your 38th or what?

Colour? why, pink of course ;)
 
I'm always up for a party. What are we celebrating again? I say go for a fun summer color.
 
Oh come on! 67?! You couldn't wait just a few days more so that you could REALLY make it count with 69???!!!
 
chickybabe - I am leaning toward blue! Thanks!

steph - I am holding out for the party until at least 85.

anita - Hunter green, eh? Not too shabby. I am like you in th erespect that I have downed many a crappy beer for the sake of cheapness. PRB is a classic, too.

carnealian - Do we need a reason to party? I say no.

rowena - I thought of that after I did this post! Great minds think alike! Or at least dirty ones... :)
 
dirk - Thanks...I do what I can.
 
Well, congrats. Sixty-seven is a lot to be proud of!

Four DUI's in a year. Man, that IS impressive.
 
Thanks, LBB. I messed up according to rowena...I prematurely blogged two posts earlier than when I should have.

4 DUI's is impressive indeed. I had to drive his drunk butt to and from work every day as well. He did buy me beer, though, so not too many complaints from me.
 
Post a Comment