Monday, June 19, 2006

Post-vacation washout


So here I am, back from a wonderful week off work, doing nothing but drinking a lot of fruity drinks, making a horrible attempt at deep-sea fishing, driving almost 2,000 miles in a rental car full of 5 females - 4 of them were teenagers, and not having to worry about an alarm clock or wearing socks/pants for over 11 days. Pretty sweet! As promised, especially to the Blonde Vigilante, I am returning with a fishing story, but it isn't a good one. I did manage to catch several fish, mostly black sea bass, but the were too small to keep and eventually eat. I think I was in next to last place as far as number of fish caught on the boat, and I would have been in 3rd to last place had that snot-nosed, little 7-year old brat not caught his 20-inch shark in the eleventh hour. I stayed after and watched the crew clean all the fish, and there he was, hovering over their shoulders, his pudgy face full of sunburnt mirth. Then, I swear it was just to aggravate me, he had his granny take a photo of his bounty. Damned little attention whore.

Jenny and I managed to do a lot of firsts this past weekend, also. We were in a tropical storm (albiet not directly, but pretty close); we rode bicycles while intoxicated; we rode our bicycles to the liquor store; we rode our bicycles while intoxicated yet again, this time in pitch-black night. All six of us were there, riding our bikes at 10:30pm, with my big, drunk, dumb ass leading the way. It truly was the blind leading the blind. Actually, I blame the kids and their friends they brought, because they should have more sense than that. They should have known better to follow me. I can say with a fair amount of certainty that if I didn't have a teeny, tiny light on the end of my keychain, we would have wrecked, and I would have some expaining to do to the bicycle company. During the first intoxicated bicycle ride it was just the two of us, and we stopped at McDonalds to get the kiddos cheap dinner. I was determined to go through the drive-thru on my bicycle, but traffic was very heavy. Maybe next trip I will.

All in all it was a good time. I will have photos in a day to two, and I will be stopping by everybody's sites to catch up.

Sadly, Monday has proven to be the little bitch she always likes to be - especially after vacation. This morning, Jenny's car wouldn't start at all, so I had to come back home and make a vain attempt at fixing it. After raising the hood, scratching my head a couple times, nodding and mumbling to myself, I admitted that "I have no effing idea what the problem is." So, I am driving the spare car (since I am the man, I offered her my new car) , which has expired tags. To top it all off, I'll be here at work for 10-11 hours. Good times indeed. Holla!

8 Have scribed in:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments:
What.....No marlin? I am severly disappointed. :p

Riding drunk on a bicycle is my specialty. It really is quite interesting.
 
Glad ya had such a great vacation! ... Look fwd to the pix! =)
 
No marlin, BV. I am a horrible fisherman. I can make a mean smoothie, though!

lil bit - Thanks! And thanks for adding me to your e-mail fan club site. I am so happy to be in the Lil Bit Fan Club!
 
Are you done working yet?
 
egan - just got home about 30 minutes ago, buddy! Work is for suckers, I tell ya!
 
LOL, Barry!
weeeeeeeeeeeee! =D
 
Looking forward to the photos!
 
Next time...you will catch Marlin!
 
Post a Comment